Intensive - 5 Consecutive Days
A Comprehensive Program*
with Sarah K. Borda, LMT, BCTMB
Here's an opportunity for a real breakthrough!
Due to the focused nature of a private, weeklong intensive, a prior interview with the client is required. Scheduling availability is two weeks out of each month on a first come-first served basis.
Our Weeklong Intensives are specifically designed to overcome chronic pain and mobility issues. The three key elements are Evaluation & Education, Therapy, and Self-Treatment Instruction.
• Program includes three treatments per day spread throughout five days, for a total of 15 one-hour sessions.
Each day includes:
• Evaluation & Education
- Visual assessment of gravitational pull on osseous (bony) structures
- Hands-on full body assessment of Myofascial connective tissue restrictions
- Education about the Fascial System and how it affects all systems in the body, producing symptoms and disease.
- One-on-one, individually designed hands-on treatment sessions using Myofascial Release techniques and MFR stretching
- At least one myofascial “unwinding” session (to alter habitual muscular responses, accelerating your body’s inherent self-correcting mechanism)
• Self-Treatment Instruction
Additional days may be added at an additional charge...you could even commit to a 10-day intensive
- Personalized Myofascial self treatment plan is taught and demonstrated so that you can continue on with your treatment success after returning home. Simple tools such as a small ball and/or foam roller enable you to reproduce the techniques that were helpful to healing and give you a sense of empowerment over discomfort.
DOWNLOAD PDF INFO SHEET
* Intensives are available 12 times per year, first come, first served.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ABOUT WEEKLONG INTENSIVES
What is involved in a week of treatment?
Comprehensive Treatments consisting of three treatments per day, for a total of 15 one-hour bodywork sessions spread throughout five days. The intention is a strong focus on the body, its structures, energies, and hidden messages.
Bodywork includes Myofascial Release, Myofascial Stretching, CranioSacral Therapy, Energy Balancing, Inner Awareness Relaxation Training, and a Home Restoration Program.
Hours are by appointment to fit your schedule; in addition to regular hours, for Intensives, bodyHeart is open 6 AM - 6 PM, seven days a week.
Will I be taught how to care for myself after my week is over?
Yes, a primary focus of the week is the education of the client through self help techniques. Also, as a by product of the week of therapy, the client may leave with a new, more caring and understanding relationship with their body, mind and spirit.
Who needs this type of therapy?
Anyone who is looking for a change in their life. It will be espectially beneficial (but not limited) to anyone with chronic pain, fibromyalgia, headaches, scoliosis, post surgical/traumatic scarring , sports injuries, jaw pain, pelvic pain, or chronic fatigue syndrome.
Why is so much therapy beneficial in a short period of time?
There are many advantages of a weeklong intensive. The repetitive and concentrated nature of the sessions "changes the 'mind' of the body" and replaces the old pain and function patterns with a more efficient and functional structure. Bodywork begins to reprogram the body’s habits. When we change the body, we change the mind and the health of the entire person. It provides the opportunity for a real breakthrough!
How may I pay for this week of comprehensive treatments?
Cash or check (preferred) as well as Visa or Mastercard,.
How do I sign up for my week?
Please call 908.879.4020 for information and to speak with Sarah regarding specific weeks available and the structure of the week.